Ris à l'amande (Danish Rice pudding)
1,5 liters of whole fat milk
1 teaspoon salt
200 g pudding rice (Italian aborio rice works quite good )
2 dl cream
Corns of one vanilla pod
50 gram chopped almonds
2 teaspoon sugar
what to do:
1) Bring the milk to a boil stirring ALL THE TIME OR IT WILL BURN!!!
2) Add the rice and let it return to boiling.
3) Add the vanilla – and keep stirring!!
4) Keep on low heat for 45 minutes,
5) Chop the almonds, saving one for later!!
6) Add sugar to taste and let cool down, some people like to add port wine here or rum ….
7) After it has gotten cold, add the almonds, chopped and the one whole!
8) Add the wiped cream.
9) Bon Appetite