Friday, November 04, 2005

Be multicultural like an Aussie!

Danes are not racist as a people, but we are also not embracing of other cultures like the Aussies!

One of the things I love about Australians is the way they have managed to let people from every country keep their culture while at the same time welcoming them! At least so it seams to me. On one hand it is quite tiring from a nursing perspective, to deal with patients who speak no English at all,(which I do not think is ok!!), on the other hand it is so cool to have the kitchens of the world literally in your fridge!

It is my experience, from talking to my collages and observing the Aussies shop that they move around the globe in a week of dining. It is not unusual for even elderly people to have Chinese one day, Indian the next and Italian the day after that! I actually saw an elderly white Aussie lady, bye a Santa Clause shaped piñata the other day! Absolutely hideous, but very endearing, if seen as a sign of cultural acceptance. So I look very much forward to expanding my culinary map of the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home